Okay. So you’re going on vacation. You’re excited but you’re concerned you may not only fall off the fitness wagon, you may jump, kick it, then do a little jig on its mangled little tires.
So here’s what to do to make sure you don’t engage in a fatty food free fall:
1) Plan ahead. A recurring them. Try to stay at a place that either has a fitness center or is close to one.
2) Pack your own food. Have some healthy snacks with you. You can’t “do the right thing” if you don’t have the “right things with you”
3) Have some structure to your day. Yes a lot of people hate that word but for a lot of us vacations are all about no structure. But to make sure you stick with your fitness program, make an effort to get up and get this one thing done. Let this be the anchor of your day and then you have the rest of the day to do what you want to do.
4) Pick your cheat meals. Every meal can’t be a full on food fest. Trust me you’ll hate yourself later, and the guilt will only make you want to eat more. Figure out what meals are “special” meals, and then enjoy. But not too much
5) Partake of the food but don’t go crazy. Have 1 piece of cake, or 1 piece of pie, or 1 sugary drink. Don’t have all three, twice!
6) Stay Strong. Look. You’re on vacation with your friends and family, and chances are, they’re going to be chowin’ down. Don’t co-sign on the food craziness. Remember, you are on program. Count to 10 and then what? STEP AWAY FROM THAT CHICKEN WING! You will get another opportunity to eat it.
7) Have fun! Don’t stress. Have a good time. Enjoy. You’re on vacation!
MAD COOL FITNESS