Greetings my MAD COOL FITNESS CREW and Happy Monday! Yes the most wonderful time of year is here, again. Where did 2016 go? With the arrival of Thanksgiving, we will all be riding the same festive food roller coaster together until New Year’s Day, where once again, filled with guilt, we make those pesky, well-intentioned New Year’s resolutions. Sigh. More on that later.
Here are some tips to help you hang on and enjoy the holiday ride without blowing up your waistline:
1) Don’t go anywhere hungry. Eat before you go.
2) Have a food strategy. Know before you go what you’re going to eat so you don’t get overwhelmed in the moment and eat everything in sight.
3) Get one normal plate of food. Don’t have stuff piled up so high it’s falling off the top and sides. That’s cray.
4) Eat but don’t repeat. After you get that one, normal plate of food, don’t be doubling back, for another “food drive-by” of the buffet table. Do not revisit the scene of the crime. Double tap that turkey and be out!
5) STEP AWAY FROM THAT CHICKEN WING! Literally, get out of the house after eating. Go for a walk. Do NOT stay in the kitchen talking and eating….
Jennifer and Your MAD COOL FITNESS CREW